Suitable for days 1-10 of the Standard Process Purification Program.
When vegetables are pretty much all you can eat, you start to look for new veggies and new ways to serve them. I have had portobellas in or on things, but never grilled a cap. I used this recipe, but scaled it back for just one mushroom.
I cooked it on my Foreman Grill, and instead of oiling the grill, I brushed some of the oil mixture on the top before I turned the cap over and put the rest of it on the gill side. It was delicious and satisfying! I’m hooked.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 portobello mushroom caps
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- In a large bowl, mix the red bell pepper, garlic, oil, onion powder, salt, and ground black pepper. Spread mixture over gill side of the mushroom caps.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Place mushrooms over indirect heat, cover, and cook for 15 to 20 minutes.