Suitable for SPPP Days 1-10.
I had some plain cooked spaghetti squash in the fridge (and I still have half of the squash uncooked) so I got looking on allrecipes for something different to do with it. This recipe sounded interesting, and was actually quite good. It would stand in well for a pasta salad.
I didn’t have olives, omitted the lemon zest and minced garlic, and used garlic powder and salt rather than garlic salt. The original recipe makes 8 servings, but I used the tool on allrecipes to reduce it to 2 servings.
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 1/4 spaghetti squash, halved and seeded
- 2 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1-1/2 ounces pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 1/2 English cucumbers – peeled, seeded, and sliced
- 1/4 small red onion, sliced thin
- 1/4 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or more if needed
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- ground black pepper to taste
Cook the squash in the microwave: see this post.
- Toss the cooled spaghetti squash, the tomatoes, olives, cucumbers, red onion, and garlic together in a large bowl until evenly mixed.
- Stir the lemon juice and lemon zest together in a small bowl; slowly pour the olive oil into the lemon juice mixture while whisking vigorously. Season with garlic salt and pepper; drizzle over the spaghetti squash mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.